Safety is a deeply personal issue—one that reaches beyond our jobsites to impact families and individuals in ways both great and small. We want to ensure that everyone is safe 100% of the time, on 100% of our projects, and we will do everything in our power to achieve this. At Balfour Beatty, Zero Harm is a way of life.
The goals of Zero Harm are:
- Zero deaths
- Zero injuries to the public
- Zero ruined lives among all our people
On each of our jobsites, we promote safety by:
- Educating workers on safety requirements
- Providing equipment training for our subcontractor partners
- Utilizing backup sensors on equipment and clash detection on our cranes
- Posting appropriate signage throughout the jobsite to alert workers to potential safety hazards
- Requiring workers to follow our strict safety and loss prevention program
- Empowering everyone who encounters our workplaces to speak up, say something and take action to correct unsafe situations
We’re so passionate about the well-being of those who come in contact with our work that our safety principles go above and beyond OSHA (Occupational Safety and Health Administration) standards.
Zero Harm Hotline
If you have any questions or suggestions regarding safety on our project sites, please get in touch through our Zero Harm hotline: 855-857-2679.
See Something, Say Something
See Something, Say Something is a safety campaign that supports Zero Harm by reinforcing one of our most critical and simple safety principles: if you see any unsafe conditions or behaviors you must challenge and/or report the situation. This is a right and a responsibility for anyone who visits or works in a Balfour Beatty workplace. Our teams work hand-in-hand with our industry partners to create a culture where everyone is empowered to speak up on behalf of the health and safety of anyone who comes in contact with our work.
Be Our Guest
For guests who are visiting our jobsites, please download our safety guidelines.